2020 as we know it has changed how we view life on many different levels during these pandemic times. For me, self-leadership, became critical now more than ever in my entire lifetime. I simply discerned that I needed to re-examine my mission set in 2010, “Make Meaningful Change” to ensure this mission was still relevant in current day. It is even more relevant today!
A podcast guest, Reena Dayal, intrigued me last May while she was sharing her amazing journey from India to the United Kingdom where she now resides, including her epic career pivots and epic fails. You can listen to the full audio episode below, or on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or any other audio player of your choice here.
The question which left a lasting impression was: “Why are you trying to fit in when you are meant to stand out? “ This profound question started me on a thinking journey and serendipitously her leadership program was just being launched and she asked me to join. I said, “Yes, Why not!”
The journey through the Amplenary Leadership Accelerator was amazing! Seven things which I will carry with me on a personal note are:
- Do not ask for permission or wait for others to validate you.
- Do not loose sight of your dreams since it is always within your reach – just go for it!
- You are capable of bringing your dream to reality by simply believing in your capabilities and taking quick action.
- Be your own cheerleader.
- Find your tribe, you know, the people who got your back and really care about you no matter what.
- Be honest and infuse integrity with everyone you encounter along the journey.
- Know when to exit.
I must say I have levelled-up since going through this Leadership Accelerator and made some great global connections. If you want to know more about the Amplenary Program connect with Reena Dayal on LinkedIn. To get a taste of the program, register here for the upcoming Free Leadership Power Hour: Neuroscience, Executive Coaching & Personal Branding to be held on March 24, 2021.
2021, what I know for sure:
- In life there is never a straight path, so knowing your values and your key strengths are critical to guiding your path forward.
- You do not need to know everything to succeed, all you need is good people around you who can fill in the gaps. Most importantly your family is your best resource.
- Family can be defined in many different ways from blood connections to those who you bring into your family circle. Lucky for me I have a mix of both in my life. The main ingredients here is having people in your life who really know you and want what is best for you.
- Do not hesitate to move on from those who do not have your back, life is too short to stay around people who are not looking out for your well-being.
- Surround yourself by people who care about you always, you will have way more fun in life!
After all life is about having strong connections and relationships which will help to lead you to an elevated path. I would love to hear from you! We are always looking for amazing dynamic speakers for our podcasts. Recommend a cool speaker whose story should be shared! We hope you find your new vibes in this new super normal in 2021! Feel free to follow us on facebook, twitter and instagram.