As we head down to middle Canada, I interviewed Dr. Suzan Snaggs-Wilson, President of Rebel Homes, a family Canadian side hustle business established in Waterloo, Ontario.
She wears multiple hats, in addition to being an entrepreneur, she recently took on a post as Country Head of Scotia Bank in Antigua and Barbuda. It was an absolute pleasure to have this interview with her virtually all the way in Antigua. I believe it is important to explore the lens of a female entrepreneur who shares with us some tactical advice about growing a family real estate side hustle business as well as embracing mentors to elevate your business.
Question: What advice do you have for people who are considering running a family owned business?
1. Understand the family team strengths and weaknesses from the onset;
2. Identify key tasks and align tasks according to the strength of each team member;
3. Bring in outside expertise as needed to draw on their experiences; and
4. Have an openness to mentorship opportunities and embrace the diversity of perspectives to build your business even bigger than you thought possible.
Question: What advice would you have for individuals who have a full time career and would like to start a side hustle business in real estate industry?
- Start with doing your market research since this is essential to get a clear understanding of the industry;
- Scan what properties are available and determine the desirability of each location;
- When deliberating on the buying price, think about the purpose for your property purchase:-
- Is it going to be a rental property for passive income?
- Will you sell it and make a profit on the asset?
- Is it an asset you would like to be part of your Estate to pass on to family members?
Without giving too much away, listen to this epic conversation Dr. Suzan Snaggs-Wilson. You can find the interview on several platforms, choose your audio of choice here or listen to the full episode below.
The Canadian Side Hustle and Business Podcast with Producer and Host Irenia Roussel, was designed for you to give you the inspiration and tactical advice you need to succeed in business. There will be no sugar coating on the hard steps. You will need to hear this to help you stay in the long game. Believe me when I say : “you need to have staying power to be successful in business today.”
Every week, we will bring you some key tactical business insights to help you grow and scale your Canadian Side Hustle Business. Feel free to send in a direct message with your feedback. Your feedback is important to us because this is how we can make this even more relevant as we build this platform for you! To have your questions and stories featured in future episodes, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.